Schools will receive small grants to support education, encouragement, enforcement or evaluation activities related to safe walking and bicycling to school. Contact us with questions.
For communities that have completed planning or assessment and goal-setting work, non-infrastructure implementation grants will be available. Information about eligible activities is available from the Federal Highway Administration. Non-infrastructure implementation applications should specify the specific school sites and should be prepared to supply:
- A list of the applicant’s SRTS team
- Summary of SRTS work to date
- A map of each school site
- If known, the number of children who currently walk and bicycle to school
- Letters of support from school sites
- A detailed budget