The SRTS Boost solicitation is open. Applications are due by January 10, 2022 at 5pm.
Safe Routes to School Boost grant solicitation
Safe Routes Boost grant overview
Safe Routes to School Boost grants are intended to help boost Safe Routes to School efforts! Through these grant awards, the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) will support communities with existing Safe Routes to School (SRTS) plans, or other comprehensive SRTS approaches, in advancing non-infrastructure strategies for schools that support making it safe, easy and fun for students to walk and bicycle to school. More detailed information on eligibility, reporting requirements, and funding restrictions are within the Guide for Safe Routes to School Boost grant applications.
This funding does not require any in-kind or matching funds. There is up to $400,000 of State SRTS Funds available for this solicitation. Applications should be a minimum of a $5,000 request and a maximum of a $50,000 request. If awarded, the funding is available on a reimbursement basis with proper documentation and reporting.
Application and guide
Below are the documents to download in order to complete the SRTS Boost grant application.
- SRTS Boost grant application (online)
- Word document of SRTS Boost application questions for offline review
- SRTS Boost grant application guide
- Budget and justification template
- Sample non-infrastructure (Boost) program ideas
- Student Transportation Equity for Priority Populations tool (more info in guide)
- If you are applying for more than 8 schools or an entire school district, use the additional school info template.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Webinars will be hosted to review SRTS Boost grant application requirements on the dates and times below. Join the meeting at that time at the link below or email the SRTS coordinator for more information here.
SRTS Boost Grants Informational Webinars:
- October 20, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. Central Standard Time
Teams Live Event - Join with your computer or mobile app.
- November 1, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Central Standard Time
Teams Live Event – Join with your computer or mobile app.
The Boost application needs to be submitted online by 5pm on January 10th, 2022. SRTS Boost grant awards are intended to begin work in Spring 2022, completing work by June 2023.
Scoring and review
A committee will review all applications using the scoring criteria in the application guide and a mindset of geographic balance. The review committee will be comprised of MnDOT staff and external partners with a knowledge of Safe Routes to School strategies. Information provided in the grant application will become public data after awards are selected.