The Landscape Architecture Unit and Forestry Unit collaborate extensively in all areas of landscape planning, design, development and management. We create context sensitive solutions for transportation corridor planning and design to ensure integration with the community and the environment. Core functions consist of:
- Statewide landscaping programs
- Corridor planning and design with specific regard to architectural, landscape architectural, and aesthetic elements
- Coordinate statewide outdoor advertising control
- Statewide context sensitive design advocacy, liaison, training, and outreach
- Great River Road and Mississippi River Trail coordination
Programmatic responsibilities include outdoor advertising control and the Community Roadside Landscaping Partnership Program. Products include planning and scoping recommendations, design concept studies, corridor design guides, design/visualization/research studies, project programming and STIP recommendation reports, final design and contract documents and partnership agreements.