MnDOT and LRRB FY2015 Funding Awards
Congratulations to the successful applicants for this year's solicitation! A list of all of the proposals selected for FY2015 is provided below and also available as a PDF. Click here to download it (PDF, 92.1 KB, 1 page).
Thank you for all those who applied and presented. We appreciate your interest and involvement in our program.
To those who were successful, the next steps in the process are:
- MnDOT Research Services Project Advisors will work with the Pincipal Investigator (PI) and Technical Liaison (TL) to organize a scoping meeting with the Technical Advisory Panel (TAP).
- At the scoping meeting, the TAP will review the work plan and may ask you to make some slight modifications to your proposal.
- With any minor additions, the TL and PA will finalize the technical scope in the proposal and approve it for processing into a contract.
- Once approved, the PI is to forward the proposal to their university's Sponsored Program Administration (SPA), who will work with MnDOT to develop a contract for the research to be performed from the proposal.
- The final proposal must be submitted by the SPA to MnDOT Research Services by May 1, 2014. Those not submitted will require additional board approvals.
Please Note – This notification means that the investigator can finalize the proposal/work scope. There are no financial guarantees or commitments until a signed contract is executed. No work can be performed by the university until a signed contract is executed. Work performed on these projects without a signed contract is a violation of state statutes.
For questions or concerns, please contact Hafiz Munir at 651-366-3757 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Source||Principal Investigator||University||Project Title|
|LRRB||Creaser, Janet||UMN||Examination of Driver Performance and Distraction with In-Vehicle Signing|
|MnDOT||Davis, Gary||UMN||Safety Study of I-35W Improvements Done Under UPA Project|
|MnDOT||Hallmark, Shauna L.||Iowa State||Evaluation of Intersection Conflict Warning Systems|
|MnDOT||Hayee, Imran||UMN||DSRC Based Warning System for Workers Safety|
|LRRB||Herb, William||UMN||Study of De-icing Salt Accumulation and Transport Through a Watershed|
|LRRB||Hourdos, John||UMN||Evaluation of Safety and Mobility of Two-Lane Roundabouts|
|MnDOT||Hourdos, John||UMN||Framework and Guidelines for the Development of a Twin Cities Meso-DTA Model|
|LRRB||Jahren, Charles||Iowa State||Alternate Design Methods to Renew Lightly Traveled Paved Roads|
|LRRB||Jahren, Charles||Iowa State||Optimal RAP Content for Minnesota Gravel Roads|
|LRRB||Jeong, H. David||Iowa State||Barriers to Right-of-Way Acquisition and Recommendations for Change|
|MnDOT/LRRB||Johnson, Ed||OMRR||Bio-Fog Seal Evaluation|
|MnDOT||Khazanovich, Lev||UMN||PCC Pavement Thickness Variation Versus Observed Pavement Distress|
|MnDOT||Kozarek, Jessica||UMN||Culvert Length and Interior Lighting Impacts to Topeka Shiner Passage|
|LRRB||Lindsey, Greg||UMN||Traffic Impacts of Bicycle Facilities|
|MnDOT||Liu, Henry||UMN||Development of a Queue Warning System Utilizing ATM Infrastructure: System Development and Field Testing|
|MnDOT||Liu, Henry||UMN||Estimation of Traffic Conflicts at Signalized Intersections Using High-resolution Traffic Signal Data|
|MnDOT/LRRB||Marasteanu, Mihai||UMN||Bio-Fog Seal Evaluation|
|LRRB||Marasteanu, Mihai||UMN||Full Depth Reclamation (FDR) for Urban and Suburban Street Application|
|MnDOT||Morris, Nichole||UMN||Examining the Impact of ASE in Work Zones on Driver Attention|
|LRRB||Narvaez, Guillermo||UMN||Stakeholder Attitudes, Knowledge and Engagement in Local Road Systems Planning Decision-Making|
|MnDOT||Reza, Farhad||MSU, Mankato||Evaluation of Recycled Aggregates Test Section Performance|
|LRRB||Smadi, Omar||Iowa State||Minnesota Local Agency Pavement Marking: Mining Existing Data|
|LRRB||Turkan, Yelda||Iowa State||Modernizing Road Construction Plans and Documentation|
|MnDOT||Qian, Xinyi||UMN||Assessing the Economic Impact and Health Benefits of Bicycling in Minnesota|