2014 Peer Exchange - MnROAD Pavement Research
Pavement experts from around North America met in Minnesota in June 2014 to discuss the latest issues and ideas in pavement design and construction. They reviewed the latest research coming out of MnROAD, the state's pavement testing facility, and shared their ideas for future studies and better implementation.
Participants: Minnesota, Maine, Texas Illinois, Michigan California, Ontario, Wisconsin, Indiana DOTs; University of Washington; Jackson County; FHWA; TRB.
Pooled fund studies discussion:
- Effects of Implements of Husbandry "Farm Equipment" on Pavement Performance (PDF)
- PCC Surface Characteristics - Diamond Grinding (PDF)
- Recycled Unbound Pavement Materials (PDF)
- Development of a Design Guide for Thin and Utra Thin Concrete Overlays on Existing Asphalt "Whitetopping" (PDF)
- Design and Construction of Thermally Insulated Concrete Pavements (PDF)
- Investigation of Low Temperature Cracking in Asphalt Pavements (PDF)
- Optimal Timing of Preventative Maintenance for Addressing Environmental Aging in HMA Pavements (ongoing study) (PDF)
Further discussion on possible future research projects
Final Report (PDF, 55 pages, 1 MB)