Construction of a new parking ramp, Ramp F, is underway directly west of the Transportation Building in St. Paul and will accommodate 531 vehicles. This new ramp should be complete and ready for use by December 2014.
NEW - The lottery for Ramp F is open until 3:00 pm Thursday, May 15. After you have entered all of your information into the lottery, you will receive an email from PMD with your registration number, which you will need to keep for future reference. Results of the lottery will be posted under Availability on PMD’s Parking web site by Thursday, May 22, 2014. You will use your registration number to check placement on parking assignment/waiting lists.
- Visitor disability parking is temporarily located in Lot D on the north side of the State Office Building.
- Visitor parking is available in Lot AA on the west side of Rice Street between University and Aurora Ave. and at meters on John Ireland Blvd in front of the Transportation Building.
- Map and directions for visitors (PDF)
- The Rice Street entrance to the Transportation Building is closed for the duration of the project.
- Employee disability parking is temporarily relocated in Lot G. A door opener was installed for ease of entry.
- Visitor disability parking is temporarily relocated in Lot D by the State Office Building.
- Visitor parking is available in Lot AA and at meters on the street in front of the Transportation Building on John Ireland Blvd.
- Van pools were relocated to Lot X.
- Some Lot G parking contract holders were relocated to Lot X to accommodate employee disability parking. Plant Management Division has contacted affected individuals.
- Rice Street's east sidewalk is closed during construction.
- There will be increased noise, vibration and dust due to construction activities. There will be increased levels of vibration, mid to late March, while the contractor installs lagging walls. Contractor will monitor vibration levels.
- Bike lockers and racks by Rice Street doors were moved to the John Ireland side in the plaza, adjacent to the building.
Future parking in Ramp F
- The new ramp will accommodate 531 vehicles.
- NEW Parking assignments and wait lists for Ramp F will be determined by a lottery system. Lottery applicants will be assigned a registration number. The Ramp F Parking lottery will be open from 10 a.m. Thursday, May 1 through 3 p.m. on Thursday May 15, 2014. The lottery will use the registration number to randomly select placement of the parking assignment and waiting lists. Results will be posted under Availability on PMD’s parking web page by Thursday, May 22, 2014.