Construction of a new parking ramp, Ramp F, is underway directly west of the Transportation Building in St. Paul and will accommodate 531 vehicles. This new ramp should be complete and ready for use by December 2014.
Staff who will be parking in Ramp F when it opens, will soon be contacted to sign new contracts and receive new hang tags.
Pedestrian and traffic impacts
- All of the sidewalks are open.
- The tunnel between Ramp F and the Transportation Building, along with the west entrance to the Transportation Building will open when the ramp is open for parking.
- Three levels of this ramp (ground, 2nd and 3rd) will be for contract parking only. The 1st level will have parking for disabled visitors and metered parking. Disabled employees will park on the ground and 2nd level.
- Parking contracts will be assigned by Ramp F Lower or Ramp F Upper. Ramp F Upper will include the top two levels.
- Ramp F will follow the standard stall width of 8’6” used on Capitol Complex.
- The construction crew is finishing the final touches inside the ramp during the week of December 1.
Results of the Ramp F lottery are posted under Availability on PMD’s Parking web site. You can use your registration number to check placement on parking assignment/waiting lists.
- Visitor disability parking is temporarily located in Lot D on the north side of the State Office Building.
- Visitor parking is available in Lot AA on the west side of Rice Street between University and Aurora Ave. and at meters on John Ireland Blvd in front of the Transportation Building.
- Map and directions for visitors (PDF)
- The Rice Street entrance to the Transportation Building is closed for the duration of the project.
- Employee disability parking is temporarily relocated in Lot G. A door opener was installed for ease of entry.
- Visitor disability parking is temporarily relocated in Lot D by the State Office Building.
- Visitor parking is available in Lot AA and at meters on the street in front of the Transportation Building on John Ireland Blvd.
- Van pools were relocated to Lot X.
- Some Lot G parking contract holders were relocated to Lot X to accommodate employee disability parking. Plant Management Division has contacted affected individuals.
- Rice Street's east sidewalk is closed during construction.
- There will be increased noise, vibration and dust due to construction activities. There will be increased levels of vibration, mid to late March, while the contractor installs lagging walls. Contractor will monitor vibration levels.
- Bike lockers and racks by Rice Street doors were moved to the John Ireland side in the plaza, adjacent to the building.
Future parking in Ramp F
- Staff who will be parking in Ramp F when it opens will soon receive more information and instructions regarding parking.
- The new ramp will accommodate 531 vehicles.
- Parking assignments and wait lists for Ramp F were determined by a lottery system. Results are posted under Availability on PMD’s parking web page.