Construction of a new parking ramp, Ramp F, is underway directly west of the Transportation Building in St. Paul and will accommodate 531 vehicles. This new ramp should be complete and ready for use by December 2014.
- The concrete for eight out of the 11 decks has been poured. Deck nine (first one on the third floor) will be poured during the week of Aug. 11.
- Electrical power for the Transportation Building’s air handlers will be disrupted Tuesday, Aug. 19, at 6 p.m. This work is being done to tap into the electrical panels for connecting power to the new ramp. For about 1 – 2 hours, there will be no air conditioning or air movement in the building. Computers, lighting and all other electrical supply will be available during this time.
- The contractor will be bringing a crane into the loading dock area to help with construction of the southeast stairwell. A temporary loading dock will be built during the week of Aug. 11.
- Window installation for the east elevator/stairwell core will take place Aug. 11-22.
Results of the Ramp F lottery are posted under Availability on PMD’s Parking web site by Thursday, May 22, 2014. You will use your registration number to check placement on parking assignment/waiting lists.
- Visitor disability parking is temporarily located in Lot D on the north side of the State Office Building.
- Visitor parking is available in Lot AA on the west side of Rice Street between University and Aurora Ave. and at meters on John Ireland Blvd in front of the Transportation Building.
- Map and directions for visitors (PDF)
- The Rice Street entrance to the Transportation Building is closed for the duration of the project.
- Employee disability parking is temporarily relocated in Lot G. A door opener was installed for ease of entry.
- Visitor disability parking is temporarily relocated in Lot D by the State Office Building.
- Visitor parking is available in Lot AA and at meters on the street in front of the Transportation Building on John Ireland Blvd.
- Van pools were relocated to Lot X.
- Some Lot G parking contract holders were relocated to Lot X to accommodate employee disability parking. Plant Management Division has contacted affected individuals.
- Rice Street's east sidewalk is closed during construction.
- There will be increased noise, vibration and dust due to construction activities. There will be increased levels of vibration, mid to late March, while the contractor installs lagging walls. Contractor will monitor vibration levels.
- Bike lockers and racks by Rice Street doors were moved to the John Ireland side in the plaza, adjacent to the building.
Future parking in Ramp F
- The new ramp will accommodate 531 vehicles.
- Parking assignments and wait lists for Ramp F were determined by a lottery system. Results are posted under Availability on PMD’s parking web page.