Transportation planning identifies the needs and potential responses to a statewide transportation system.
Public involvement during the planning process
- Area Transportation Partnerships (ATPs)
- Tribal partnerships
- Public hearing compliance form (Word)
- Case studies - How public engagement tools and techniques are being used by other organizations
- Developing your public involvement plan (PDF, Word)
Public involvement during project development
Project development follows the planning process, in which projects are designed and prepared for construction.
- How an idea becomes a road
- Highway project development process
- Framework for business engagement through development (PDF, Word)
- Non-traditional project development (PDF, Word)
- Small business impacts
MnDOT strives to make transportation accessible to everyone using ADA tools and resources.
- ADA accessibility tools
- ADA design and construction guidance
- Call MnDOT's ADA hotline at 651-366-4726 to request information or documents in a different format. To request an ASL or foreign language interpreter, or other reasonable accommodations for a public meeting, contact the Minnesota Relay Service toll-free at 1-800-627-3529 (TTY, Voice or ASCII), or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.