Tools and resources
Public involvement during the planning process
Transportation planning identifies the needs and potential responses to a statewide transportation system.
- Area Transportation Partnerships (ATPs)
- Tribal partnerships
- Public hearing compliance form (Word 43 KB)
- Case studies - How public engagement tools and techniques are being used by other organizations
- Spectrum of public participation
- Developing your public involvement plan (PDF 335 KB, Word 135 KB)
Public involvement during project development
Project development follows the planning process, in which projects are designed and prepared for construction.
- How an idea becomes a road
- Highway project development process
- Small business impacts
- Framework for business engagement through development (PDF 63 KB, Word 63 KB)
- Non-traditional project development (PDF 228 KB, Word 391 KB)
MnDOT strives to make transportation accessible to everyone using ADA tools and resources.
- ADA accessibility tools
- ADA design and construction guidance
- Call MnDOT's ADA hotline at 651-366-4726 to request information or documents in a different format. To request an ASL or foreign language interpreter, or other reasonable accommodations for a public meeting, contact the Minnesota Relay Service toll-free at 1-800-627-3529 (TTY, Voice or ASCII), or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.