Policy and goals
We want to meet people where they are, identify what is important to them, and make the most of participation opportunities to invest in a safe, sustainable system that gets them where they want to go. Our goal is to:
- Consider needs of the traditionally underserved, such as low-income and minority households.
- Provide continuing public involvement opportunities throughout the transportation planning and program development process.
- Provide timely information to area residents and businesses affected by transportation plans and projects.
- Review and respond to all public input.
- Perform periodic review of our public involvement process to gauge its effectiveness, making revisions as necessary.
MnDOT's public involvement policy is based on an over-arching strategic plan that sets the direction for subsequent plans. It's focus is on priority transportation improvements and investments that result in a system that helps area residents travel safer, smarter and more efficiently. Other initiatives include:
Multicultural engagement and marketing
Cultural competence, effective engagement and sound marketing are vital components to the department's success, and we focus on serving others through building and maintaining authentic relationships with our multicultural communities. View/print summary (PDF)
To learn more, contact:
MnDOT Multi-Cultural Customer Relations Director