This project will seek to implement the vision for Highway 52 to develop a fully access-controlled freeway between I-90 and the I-494 ring.
- Cannon Falls
- 2011 - Final Design of Project
- Early 2013 - First Phase of Project
- First Phase - $25,000,000.00
- Total Project - $32,000,000.00
There will be periodic lane closures on Highway 52 to close access and connect the new ramps to the highway. Overall traffic impacts will be minimal.
- Implement the vision of the Highway 52 corridor to develop as a fully access-controlled freeway facility from I-90 to I-494.
- Enhance safety along the Highway 52 corridor and address concerns related to access management and the two existing traffic signals.
- Develop an access-controlled freeway layout meeting NEPA criteria that takes into consideration land use, local and regional transportation plans and environmental constraints and addresses major planning considerations in the project area.
- Identify and assess transportation system alternatives, including location of frontage roads and other elements critical to supporting the long-term functionality of the Highway 52 corridor in the project area.
Approved Project Layout
You may view a pdf of the preferred location map here.
Public Hearings/Open House
Wednesday, October 24, 2007