The I-90 Bridge spans the Mississippi River between Dresbach, Minnesota and La Crosse, Wisconsin. Built in 1967, it is a 2,490-foot-long, 4-lane bridge.
The existing, fracture-critical bridge has narrow shoulders that cause lane closures when vehicles are stranded or during routine maintenance operations.
- Minnesota / Wisconsin Line
Environmental Assessment publication & public meeting - Fall 2011
Project letting - 2012
- Construction staging - TBD
This project is currently in the planning phase so there are no traffic impacts at this time.
Reduce crash rates for approaches, as the Minnesota side has a higher than average rate.
Improve roadway alignment on the Minnesota side of the bridge, which has traffic congestion problems.
- Remove bridge from the list of fracture critical bridges in the transportation system.
- Improve substandard access for trucks to the nearby rest area.
- Improve safety for bicyclists using Hwy 61 and the Mississippi River Trail.