MnDOT is developing a toolbox of Intelligent Work Zone systems. The IWZ Toolbox (PDF) summarizes the various categories of systems and provides design guidance, deployment warrants, and potential system benefits. IWZ providers should be familiar with this document, since MnDOT is working towards standardization of IWZ terminology through this toolbox.
Standardized boilerplate specifications have not been developed for IWZ Systems, but the following documents are examples of guidelines, operational considerations, and general specifications that have been used previously for several projects.
- IWZ Conflict Warning Systems (PDF)
- IWZ Congestion Warning System
- Example Special Provision for a congestion warning system (Word)
- IWZ Dynamic Late Merge (DLM) System
- Example Special Provision for a DLM system (Word)
- IWZ Travel Time System (PDF)