MnDOT's Scheduling Tool (P6)
For more information on MnDOT's current use of, and future plans for, P6 see the P6 Current Status & Vision.
For contact information, see Project Management & P6 Scheduling Shared Services Center Contacts.
To search for P6-related documents, use P6 Document Search. (available to internal employees only)
For access to, and information on, P6 during construction, please see the OCIC webpage.
NOTE: Internet Explorer may be required to view the e-document content below. Many documents have bookmarks. Select view, then navigation pane.
Use the forms below for creating P6 schedules, gaining or changing access to P6 (including Team Member), requesting changes to P6 and explaining how you will mitigate negative float on a P6 schedule.
- Schedule Initiation Form
- P6 Security Access Form
- P6 Enterprise Comment and Change Form
- Negative Float Recovery Plan
P6 Team Member
Use the following to access P6 Team Member and view guidance on how to use it.
- Team Member Login
- Updating Activity Progress in Team Member Summary
- Instructional Video: Updating activity progress in Team Member
Use the following to access the SharePoint site and find guidance on how to use it, as well as information on the baselining process itself.
Dictionaries and Templates
The following links lead to documents that outline the elements of P6 and show examples of a WBS structure tree and Gantt Chart schedule structure framework.
The following documents provide guidance on using P6 in different processes.
- Schedule Creation and Baseline Process
- Schedule Maintenance Process
- Schedule Archiving Process
- Construction Administration Schedule Process
- Work Package Creation and Maintenance Process
Role Loading Guidance
- Role Loading Process
- Addressing Consultant Activities in P6
- Schedule Modification for Shared Services
- P6 Process for Resource Management Plan
- Reports & Layouts User Guide
- Reports Run after Data Date Moves
- Code Projects for P6 PM Battle Scoreboards
Building Services Section
Use the following documents to initiate a building services project and see the building services WBS.