News and Notices
2014 construction program announced
MnDOT's 2014 construction program includes work on 29 projects statewide that will improve safety at port and railroad crossings. An additional 74 projects in the Twin Cities and 194 projects in Greater Minnesota will improve highways, bridges and other infrastructure. The work includes projects funded by the Corridors of Commerce program, a bonding effort aimed at improving roadways for freight travel.
For a complete list of projects, including construction dates, traffic impacts and maps, visit www.mndot.gov/construction. You can keep up on the program throughout the construction season by reading MnDOT Newsline.
MnDOT co-sponsors 17th annual Freight & Logistics Symposium
The 17th annual Freight and Logistics Symposium drew public, private and academic professionals to Minneapolis in December 2013 to discuss strategies to maintain the existing transportation infrastructure in the state and region. The Center for Transportation Studies at the University of Minnesota hosted the event and MnDOT was one of five co-sponsors. See presentations.
Visit us often!
Stay on top of MFAC's efforts to:
- Ensure freight transportation needs are addressed in the planning, investment, and operation of Minnesota's transportation system.
- Establish guidelines to measure and manage the state's freight transportation needs.
- Provide input and direction to MnDOT's freight investment committee on freight transportation policies, needs, and issues.
- Recommend program and research areas for MnDOT follow-up and direction.
- Represent the needs and requirements of freight transportation to the public, elected officials, and other public agencies and organizations.