MnDOT releases three statewide transportation plans for public review, comment
Public hearing Oct. 6; public comment period ends Oct. 14
ST. PAUL, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Transportation invites the public and transportation stakeholders to review and comment on three key transportation plans that will shape the future of transportation in the state and direct billions of dollars of investment during the next 20 years:
- Statewide Multimodal Transportation Plan: Last updated in 2012, the SMTP is Minnesota’s highest level policy plan for transportation. The plan is for all types of transportation and all transportation partners.
- 20-Year Minnesota State Highway Investment Plan: Last updated in 2013, MnSHIP directs capital investment for Minnesota’s 12,000-mile state highway system over the next 20 years. It is a fiscally constrained plan that identifies investment priorities given current and expected funding of $21 billion between 2018 and 2037.
- Greater Minnesota Transit Investment Plan: Last updated in 2011, the GMTIP provides a 20-year strategic plan for transit in Greater Minnesota and an investment plan to meet 90 percent of public transit demand in Greater Minnesota by 2025.
These updated plans are the result of extensive collaboration during the last year between MnDOT and citizens, stakeholders and transportation partners. This will be the final opportunity for the public to provide input on the plans.
The three plans can be accessed electronically at www.minnesotago.org. They are also available for review in hard copy at the MnDOT Library, 395 John Ireland Blvd., in St. Paul and at the eight MnDOT district headquarters located statewide, www.mndot.gov/information/locations.html.
A public hearing will be held Oct. 6 from 4 to 6 p.m. in Room G15 at MnDOT, 395 John Ireland Blvd., in St. Paul. The public also may participate via videoconference at MnDOT offices statewide:
- Baxter – 7694 Industrial Park Road
- Bemidji – 3920 Highway 2 W
- Crookston – 1320 Sunflower St.
- Detroit Lakes – 1000 Highway 10 W
- Duluth – 1123 Mesaba Ave.
- Mankato – 2151 Bassett Drive
- Marshall – 1800 East College Drive
- Morris – 610 Highway 9 S
- Owatonna – 1010 21st Ave. NW
- Rochester – 2900 48th St. NW
- St. Cloud – 3725 12th St. N
- St. Paul – 395 John Ireland Blvd., Room G15
- Virginia – 101 N. Hoover Road
- Willmar – 2505 Transportation Road
- Windom – 180 S. County Road 26
To request an ASL or foreign language interpreter, or other reasonable accommodation for the Oct. 6 hearing, call 651-366-4720 or 1-800-657-3774 (Greater Minnesota); 711 or 1-800-627-3529 (Minnesota Relay), or send an email to email@example.com. Please request at least one week in advance.
Written comments will be accepted through Oct. 14 online at www.minnesotago.org or sent to:
Minnesota Department of Transportation
395 John Ireland Blvd
Mail Stop 440
St. Paul, MN 55155