Hwy 52 northbound is now open at Goodhue County Road 7
ROCHESTER, Minn. – (11:00 a.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation and the Minnesota State Patrol opened Highway 52 at Goodhue County Road 7 at 9:45 a.m.
Motorists should expect delays and should slow down as driving conditions are hazardous in this area due to the late spring snow storm.
- Check road conditions at www.511mn.org or call 511; it takes time to get roads back to good driving conditions.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.
- Stay back at least five car lengths behind the plow, far from the snow cloud. Snowplow operators will pull over when it is safe to do so to allow traffic build-up to pass.
- Stay alert for snowplows that turn or exit frequently and often with little warning. They may also travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions. Snowplows typically move at slower speeds.