- Kevin Gutknecht
Office of Communications
395 John Ireland Blvd
Mail Stop 150
St. Paul, MN 55155-1899
MnDOT’s E-mail Updates deliver timely, targeted construction news
ST. PAUL, Minn. — More than 16,000 people have signed up for the Minnesota Department of Transportation’s E-mail Updates, a service that sends out information about major construction projects around the state—both current and future projects. Individuals can sign up for updates on roads they regularly travel—Interstate 35, Highway 169, Highway 61/Hastings Bridge and more—and get the latest reports on construction for their area.
“We work hard to make sure this information gets into the right people’s e-mail boxes with the most timely information as fast as we can,” said Kay Korsgaard, MnDOT Communications supervisor. “We are constantly expanding the e-mail lists to include new projects to be responsive to motorists’ needs.”
Some of the comments from subscribers include:
- “It was perfect for me, and I recommended it to others.”
- “Very informative but casual. Sort of like I was getting it from a friend.”
- “I was very happy with the information you sent ... it made my getting around to appointments, etc. in a timely manner. Friends were often at a loss to know what was happening ... so I sent them your email sign up address. Please continue programs such as this.”
- “I like the detail in the updates and appreciate the fact that MNDOT updates have really started to have some personality to them beyond just the facts. I think it shows the human side of the planning work, which along with the explanation of what is being done, helps to lessen the frustration of construction delays. Great work.”
- “I liked how I could sign up for specific locations like the Stillwater Bridge.”
Motorists interested in construction projects on their path—or anyone who wants to get involved in MnDOT’s planning process—can sign up for any of the department’s 55 e-mail updates at http://conta.cc/vUcufk or look for the link to the E-mail Update at www.mndot.gov.