- Rebecca Arndt
Minnesota Department of Transportation
Mankato District 7
2151 Basset Drive
Mankato, MN 56001-6888
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
FLOODING UPDATE: River flooding closes Hwy 19 at Henderson Minnesota
MANKATO, Minn. – (9 a.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation and the Minnesota State Patrol have closed or restricted the following highways in the Minnesota River valley due to flooding:
- Highway 19 from Highway 169 to Henderson (closed March 20)
- Alternate route – Highway 93
Potential closings to follow Monday (March 21) late afternoon:
- Highway 93 from Highway 169 to Henderson
- Alternate route - Highways 25, 5 and 19
- Highway 169 St. Peter to LeSueur
- The northbound lane of Highway 169 from St. Peter to LeSueur is closed due to dike operations.
Rail crossing alert:
- The Union Pacific Railroad plans to take the railroad crossing signals out of service on Highway 99 near St. Peter and nearby flood-prone roads due to the expected flooding of the Minnesota River. The UP will use flagging operations during train operations.
Flooding is difficult to predict and roads may be closed or restricted without warning. Log and ice jams can further complicate flood forecasts. Motorists are advised to check road conditions at www.511mn.org in advance of travel.
When a road is closed it is illegal to travel in that area. Motorists can be fined up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail. In addition, if travelers need to be rescued from a closed road, other expenses and penalties will apply.