2017 Construction update week of Sept. 18
Engineer's Weekly Update
by Dave Van Duesen
The reason for the lull in updates is because there has been somewhat of a lull in action. Here’s a brief recap of major activities since the previous update:
Week of September 18, 2017:
- WB I-94 traffic was transferred to the mainline test sections on Monday.
- Final placement of asphalt surfacing on Cells 185/186/188/189, X27/X28, and X35 on Tuesday.
- Uretek performed pre-overlay joint/slab stabilization of the concrete pavement of Cell 994 on the original westbound lanes of I-94. This particular section will be receiving an asphalt overlay along with 11 other sections for NRRA rehab and compaction studies.
- MnROAD personnel began installation of environmental sensors (temperature and joint opening) prior to asphalt overlay construction.
Week of September 25, 2017:
- Contractor performed pre-overlay milling of tapers on Tuesday.
- Milling for partial depth repair sections throughout the week.
- Starting Wednesday, MnDOT crews performed further preparation of the partial depth repairs and patching materials representatives were on hand to install their products.
- Routine traffic loadings of the low-volume road resumed.
Week of October 2, 2017:
- Continued work to install partial depth repair patching materials.
We hope that construction of the asphalt overlays on Cells 984-995 will begin sometime the week of October 9. Stay tuned for updates.