2017 Construction update week of Oct. 9
Engineer's Weekly Update
by Dave Van Duesen
Below you will find a recap of activities from last week and the plan for the remainder of construction (see also the attached PDF):
Week of October 9, 2017:
- On Thursday Cells 995 and 986 were paved with UTBWC and Superpave 12.5 mm wear course, respectively, using a spray paver. These two sections are single lift overlay experiments. Patching in the partial depth repairs also took place.
- Friday, the first lift of Cells 987-991 was paved with the Superpave 19.0 mm mixture.
- On Saturday, the second lift of Cell 988 and single lift of 986 were constructed.
Week of October 16, 2017:
- Monday – Contractor is sealing the joints in Cells X39.
- Tuesday – The paving plan calls for the second HMA lifts in Cells 989 and 990 to be paved. These are the mix design experiments with Superpave 95/5 and 3.0% regressed air voids, respectively. Also planned for paving is the crack reducing interlayer in Cell 992.
- Wednesday and/or Thursday – final HMA paving of remaining cells on the original mainline.
Week of October 23, 2017:
- Final work will consist of grinding rumble strips and aggregate shouldering placement.
- As shown in the attached schedule we envision having the original westbound lanes of I-94 turned over to us for striping at the end of next week.