Metro Traffic Links
- Area Contacts Map
- Organization Chart
- Intersection Warrant, Approach Counts, & Turn Movement Information
- Metro Lane Closure Manual
- Contact List
The Signal Operations
Unit is responsible for the operation and timing
of the traffic signals on the Trunk Highway System
within the Metro District. The Signal Operations unit
currently operates 635 signals, most of which are
owned by the State. Also included in the unit is
arterial modeling, and signal construction
Operations staff is responsible for the timing and operation for all the traffic signals. This involves developing timing and coordination plans, responding to customer complaints and inquires, monitoring system performance, and detecting operational and maintenance problems.
Operations staff develops and analyzes existing and projected traffic patterns on arterial roadways to determine their impact to the traveling public.
Operations staff provides support to Construction by staking, providing quality control and inspection, coordinating signal turn-ons, and coordinating activities between signal operations, ESS, and the contractor.
Operations unit assists others in signal related training and in developing new techniques and procedures in signal operation and construction.
- Operations Manager - Tim Bangsund (651) 234-7835
- Operations Supervisor - Curt Krohn (651) 234-7827
- Operations Supervisor - Buzz Kimble (651) 234-7826
- Optimization Engineer - Kevin Schwartz (651) 234-7840