About Work Zones and Pavement Marking
What we do
The Work Zone and Pavement Marking staff specialize in the design, implementation, and inspection of work zone traffic control and pavement marking in the Metro District.
This group also creates and hosts the Metro Lane Closure Manual, which is used to determine the appropriate time of day for planned lane closures in the Metro District.
Detailed work zone and pavement marking information
- Traffic Management Plan (TMP) Resources (Microsoft Word 2010) - Includes TMP forms and documents relating to the TMP process for projects with impacts on MnDOT Metro Trunk Highways.
- Traffic Impact Management Data - Data format description and guide for managing and sharing traffic impact data within and between agencies.
- Office of Traffic, Safety, and Technology (OTST) Work Zones - Includes Work Zone Safety Tools and resources such as manuals, guidelines, special provisions, cadd design files containing typical plan sheets, and reports.
- Work Zone Safety - Recognizing work zone areas and driving safe. Includes road construction, Worker Memorial Day and public service announcements.
- Office of Traffic, Safety and Technology (OTST) Pavement Markings & Delineation - Includes Pavement Marking Plan Sheets and Design Tools such as Special Provisions and Standards & Specifications.