About Work Zones and Pavement Marking
What we do
The Work Zone and Pavement Marking staff specialize in the design, implementation, and inspection of work zone traffic control and pavement marking in the Metro District.
This group also creates and hosts the Metro Lane Closure Manual, which is used to determine the appropriate time of day for planned lane closures in the Metro District.
Detailed work zone and pavement marking information
- Traffic Management Plan (TMP) Resources (Microsoft Word 2010) - Includes TMP forms and documents relating to the TMP process for projects with impacts on MnDOT Metro Trunk Highways.
- TMP Process and Components – summary of Metro District’s TMP process and what is included in a TMP and Basic TMP
- TMP Scoping Worksheet - worksheet to be completed during project scoping. Includes the Work Zone Mobility Impact Assessment Worksheet, Red Flag Checklist (including consideration of ABC techniques), and TMP Scoping Conclusions.
- TMP Worksheet - checklist of impact and mitigation considerations
- TMP Template - outline for a standard format of the TMP document (Use the following 2 documents for projects that do not go through the MnDOT scoping process or were scoped prior to March 2015)
- Red Flag Checklist - checklist completed during project scoping to identify significant impacts and considerations
- Work Zone Mobility Impact Assessment Worksheet – worksheet used to determine what level of TMP is needed for a project
- Traffic Impact Management Data - Data format description and guide for managing and sharing traffic impact data within and between agencies.
- Office of Traffic, Safety, and Technology (OTST) Work Zones - Includes Work Zone Safety Tools and resources such as manuals, guidelines, special provisions, cadd design files containing typical plan sheets, and reports.
- Work Zone Safety - Recognizing work zone areas and driving safe. Includes road construction, Worker Memorial Day and public service announcements.
- Office of Traffic, Safety and Technology (OTST) Pavement Markings & Delineation - Includes Pavement Marking Plan Sheets and Design Tools such as Special Provisions and Standards & Specifications.