Work will resume underground in December, January and February. Neighbors and motorists will see crews and equipment in the area of 33rd St. and Stevens Ave.
About this project
Summary of work
- Repair drain tunnel that transfers drainage from five square miles of Minneapolis near I-35W/ I-94 to the Mississippi River
- Construct a new tunnel access shaft at approximately 33rd St. and Stevens Ave.
Workers will need to access the stormwater tunnel at three separate
- Stevens Ave.
- East 27th St./Wells Fargo Way
- Corner of 15th St. West and Willow St. near Loring Park
The majority of work will take place below ground in the stormwater tunnel.
- Earthwork will be limited to clearing and digging
- Dust impacts will be minimal as pavement on Stevens Ave. will not be removed
- Construction areas will be protected from erosion and sediments
- Streets will be swept throughout the project
- Construction noise from equipment/work (primarily during the daytime hours)
- Minimal vibration