You might see MnDOT Maintenance crews working near bridges along I-94 between St. Paul and Minneapolis beginning July 5. Crews will be removing unauthorized encampments.
MnDOT crews work with social service and other support agencies before the encampments are removed. The encampments need to be removed because they are a safety and health hazard. The people who spend time there are removed in a humane and respectful manner and are provided other options for shelter through support agencies.
Some locations that will be impacted by this work includes:
- EB Hwy 62 on exit to Lyndale Ave. (right side)
- NB I-35W under east 28th St. bridge
- SB I-35W under east 38th St. bridge
- Lake St. under Hwy 55
- 5th Ave. S ramp to NB I-35W-EB I-94-Hwy 55
- WB I-94 ramp to 11th St. under east 15th St. bridge
- 39th Ave. N & N Washington Ave.
- EB I-94 on Broadway St. exit ramp (left side)