About this project
Summary of work
- Add a third general purpose lane in each direction between Rice Street and Lexington Avenue.
- Reconstruct I-694 between Rice Street and Lexington Avenue.
- Rebuild interstate ramps at Lexington Avenue, Victoria Street and Rice Street.
- Open the right lane of the bridge from northbound I-35E to westbound I-694. The right lane will become an exit-only lane to Rice Street.
- Improve storm water drainage throughout the corridor.
A noise study was recently done in the area. The results of the study show that if a noise barrier was constructed south of I-694 and west of Rice Street the noise from traffic would be reduced for some property owners and residents. Residents and property owners who would have a reduction in noise of at least 5 decibels will be voting on whether a noise barrier should or shouldn't be constructed as part of this project.
- Approximately $42 million funded through the Corridor of Commerce program.