- Off-peak lane closures on northbound and southbound I-494 between I-394 and I-94/694 through late November.
Nov. 17 through Nov. 21
- Lane closures on I-94 between I-494 and Hemlock Lane in Maple Grove from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. each night.
- Southbound I-494 between I-94/694 and I-394 will be three lanes. The new third lane on southbound I-494 between East Fish Lake Road and Hwy 55 will be open.
- Northbound I-494 between I-394 and Hwy 55 will be open to three lanes.
- Northbound I-494 between Hwy 55 and East Fish Lake Road will be open to two lanes, as the third lane will be constructed during the 2016 construction season.
- Specific dates for closures will be posted as soon as they are finalized.
About this project
Summary of work
- Repair and reconstruct the concrete pavement on I-494 between I-394 and the I-94/494/694 interchange (Fish Lake Interchange).
- Maintenance repairs on I-494 ramps
- Ramps to and from I-94 and I-694
- Bass Lake Road
- Rockford Road
- Hwy 55
- County Road 6
- Carlson Parkway
- Cheshire lane
- Replace I-494 bridges
- County Road 47
- Schmidt Lake Road
- Canadian Pacific Railway
- Reconstruct East Fish Lake Road bridge deck over I-494
- Install a third lane between Hwy 55 and East Fish Lake Road
- Construct storm water ponds and noise barriers.
- August 2013: Geometric layout
- January 2014: Environmental documentation
- February 2014: Final plans and specifications
- June 2014: Project letting for temporary widening of bridges
- July 2014 - November 2016: Project construction
Average daily traffic
- 95,000 vehicles (2005)
- 132,800 vehicles (2030 estimate if project occurs)