In addition to the traffic impacts listed below the I-94 project in Maple Grove and the Hwy 12 project in Wayzata may affect your drive.
- I-494 between Hwy 55 and I-394 will have two lanes of traffic in each direction through fall 2015.
- I-494 between I-94/694 and Hwy 55 will have three lanes of traffic; two lanes in one direction and one lane in the opposite direction through fall 2015.
Weekday traffic (Monday through Friday)
- During A.M. peak hours, there will be two lanes of traffic going southbound and one lane going northbound.
- During P.M. peak hours, there will be two lanes of traffic going northbound and one lane going southbound.
Weekend traffic (Saturday through Sunday)
- There will be two lanes of traffic going northbound and one lane going southbound through late Saturday afternoon.
- Beginning late Saturday afternoon, there will be two lanes of traffic going southbound and one lane going northbound.
- Carlson Parkway to southbound I-494 closed.
Detour: Carlson Parkway, eastbound I-394, and I-494.
- Carlson Parkway to northbound I-494 closed.
Detour: Xenium/ Plymouth Road, County Road 6, I-394, and northbound I-494.
- Westbound I-394 to southbound I-494 closed.
Detour: westbound I-394, Carlson Parkway, eastbound I-394 and southbound I-494.
- Eastbound I-394 to northbound I-494 closed.
Detour: Eastbound I-394, Hwy 169, westbound I-394, and northbound I-494.
- Southbound I-494 to westbound Hwy 12 closed.
Detour: southbound I-494, Hwy 7, northbound I-494 and westbound Hwy 12.
- Southbound I-494 to Carlson Parkway closed.
Detour: southbound I-494, eastbound I-394, northbound Plymouth Road, and Carlson Parkway.
- County Road 47 between Yucca Lane and Teakwood Lane will be closed through late May 2015. Crews will demolish and reconstruct southbound I-494 over County Road 47.
Westbound County Road 47 detour: northbound Northwest Boulevard and westbound Bass Lake Road and southbound County Road 101/Brockton Lane.
Eastbound County Road 47 detour: northbound County Road 101/Brockton Lane and eastbound Bass Lake Road and southbound Northwest Boulevard.
View detour map (PDF,
1 page, 1.03 MB)
About this project
Summary of work
- Repair and reconstruct the concrete pavement on I-494 between I-394 and the I-94/494/694 interchange (Fish Lake Interchange).
- Maintenance repairs on I-494 ramps
- Ramps to and from I-94 and I-694
- East Fish Lake Road
- Bass Lake Road
- Rockford Road
- Hwy 55
- County Road 6
- Carlson Parkway
- Cheshire lane
- Replace I-494 bridges
- County Road 47
- Schmidt Lake Road
- Canadian Pacific Railway
- Install a third lane between Hwy 55 and East Fish Lake Road
- Construct storm water ponds and noise barriers.
- August 2013: Geometric layout
- January 2014: Environmental documentation
- February 2014: Final plans and specifications
- June 2014: Project letting for temporary widening of bridges
- July 2014 - November 2016: Project construction
Average daily traffic
- 95,000 vehicles (2005)
- 132,800 vehicles (2030 estimate if project occurs)