Both directions of I-494, between MN 77 (Minneapolis) and I-35W (Bloomington) have a width limit of 11'0" until Oct. 11, 2015.
Motorists may still see crews making final roadway repairs and striping.
Summary of work
- Reconstructed Xerxes Avenue Bridge spanning I-494
- Added a westbound auxiliary lane between Nicollet Ave and Portland Ave and between I-35W and Hwy 100
- Resurfaced I-494 and ramps between 34th Ave and Hwy 100
- Resurfaced frontage roads
- Reconstructed median
- Utilized movable barrier (PDF, 389 KB) for maximum efficiency when setting up and removing lane closures during non-rush hours
- $30 million
Public Affairs Metro District