Draft Plans for SP 2782-327
Updated Nov. 26, 2016
The un-approved plans for project SP 2782-327 have been placed on a project FTP site for the early review of the project plans. These plans are subject to change and the intent is to allow contractors to become more familiar with the project and begin their preparations for the bidding process on this project. As additional information becomes available, the ftp site will be updated.
I-35W and Lake Street Improvement Project Environmental Assessment (EA)
Final EA Documents
Findings of Facts and Conclusions (FOF&C)
Because MnDOT has determined that this project does not have the potential for significant environmental impacts, an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) is not required. The Negative Declaration Order and the Findings of Facts and Conclusions (FOF&C) supporting the decision (signed Aug. 10, 2016) concludes the Minnesota State environmental review process.
FOF&C Appendices (PDFs)*
- Appendix A - Figures
- Appendix B - Agency Comments Received and Responses
- Appendix C - Part 1 - Public Comments Received and Responses
- Appendix C- Part 2 - Public Comments Received and Responses
- Appendix D - EQB Notice of Availability, Public Hearing Certificate of Compliance and Legal Notice and Affidavit of Publication
- Appendix E - MnDOT CRU Letter to SHPO (dated March 31, 2016) - Final Section 106 Memorandum of Agreement
- Appendix F - FHWA Intent to Make a Section 4(f) De Minimis Determination for the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Park
- Appendix G - Final Noise Memorandum
Finding of No Significant Impacts (FONSI)
The Federal Highway Administration issued a Finding of No Significant Impacts (FONSI) on August 23, 2016. This concludes the federal environmental review process.
MnDOT issued an EA for public review and comment during the period from March 28, 2016 through April 27, 2016. Public hearing/open house meetings were held to review and comment on the EA in April 2016.
EA Appendices (PDFs)*
- Appendix A - Project Location and Preferred Alternative Figures
- Appendix B - Purpose and Need Memorandum (On CD-ROM)
- Appendix C - Preferred Alternative Memorandum (On CD-ROM)
- Appendix D - Dismissed Alternatives Memorandum (On CD-ROM)
- Appendix E - EA/EAW Figures
- Appendix F - Correspondence
- Appendix G - Supporting Technical Reports
- Freeway Level Platform Configuration Alternatives Technical Memorandums (SEH, 2011)
- Benefit/Cost Memorandum (SEH, 2015)
- Cost Risk Assessment Value Engineering (CRAVE) Study (HDR, 2013)
- Preliminary Drainage Report for the I-35W Corridor Drainage Study (SEH, 2014)
- Flood Risk Reduction Through Underground Detention Study (SEH, 2015)
- I-35W Transit/Access Project Visual Quality Manual (SEH/CH2M HILL, 2015)
- Public Art Framework (SEH/Janet Lofquist, LLC, 2015)
- Air Quality Analysis Report (SEH, 2016)
- Quantitative MSAT Air Quality Analysis (SEH, 2014)
- Traffic Noise Analysis Report (SEH, 2015)
- Interstate Access Request (SEH, 2015)
- Listing of Available Commercial Properties
- Environmental Justice Memorandum (SEH, 2016)
*If you would like to view a complete EA or FOF&C document, appendices included, in an alternate format contact Scott Pederson, MnDOT Project Manager, at 651-234-7726 or firstname.lastname@example.org.