Work will occur in five stages. Specific closure information will be posted when it is finalized.
To learn more about this project, see Summary of Work.
- The Portland Ave. bridge over I-94 will be closed
- The Franklin Ave. bridge over I-35W will be closed
Thu, Aug. 24 through fall 2021
- 5th Ave S to NB I-35W will be closed
Thu, Aug. 24 through 2018
- 5th Ave S to EB I-94 will be closed
Late August through April 2018
- Stage 1 will begin. Specific details will be provided once they are available.
About this project
Summary of work
Work on 35W@94: Downtown to Crosstown will include (see staging maps):
- Converting NB I-35W Priced Dynamic Shoulder Lane between 46th St. and 26th St. to a permanent MnPASS Lane
- Constructing a new MnPASS lane on SB I-35W from 26th St. to 46th St.
- Constructing Orange Line Bus Rapid Transit Station at Lake St.
- Improving access from I-35W to the Lake Street Business District by constructing two new exit ramps (NB I-35W to 28th St. and SB I-35W to Lake St.
- Upgrading accessibility by improving pedestrian accommodations with pedestrian curb ramps and sidewalk upgrades.
- Rehabilitating pavement and bridges on I-35W from 46th St. to 11th Ave., Hwy 65 from 26th St. to 15th St., and I-94 from Nicollet Ave. to Park Ave.
- Constructing new and rehabilitating existing noise barriers throughout the project limits.
35W@94: Downtown to Crosstown Project Visualization
Watch this video to visualize the completed reconstruction of I-35W from 46th St. to I-94, including the construction of an On-line Transit Station located on I-35W at Lake St.