About this project
MnDOT in partnership with Dakota County, Hennepin County, City of Bloomington and the City of Burnsville are developing a project to replace the bridge and pavement on I-35W between Cliff Road and 106th Street. Raise I-35W out of the floodplain and improve pedestrian access across the river.
When this project begins, a significant portion of the work will affect traffic and is likely to result in congestion. Expect temporary lane closures and detours as work is completed within segments of the road.
Summary of work
- Reconstruct I-35W Bridge spanning the Minnesota River
- Replace pavement from Cliff Road to 106th Street
- Construct northbound auxiliary lane between Cliff Road and 106th Street
- Construct Trail between Cliff Road and 106th Street
- Improve signing, lighting and drainage