About this project
MnDOT in partnership with Dakota County, Hennepin County, City of Bloomington and the City of Burnsville are developing a project to replace the bridge and pavement on I-35W between Cliff Rd. and 106th St. Raise I-35W out of the floodplain and improve pedestrian access across the river.
When this project begins, a significant portion of the work will affect traffic and is likely to result in congestion. Expect temporary lane closures and detours as work is completed within segments of the road.
Summary of work
- Reconstruct I-35W Bridge spanning the Minnesota River
- Reconstruct I-35W bridge spanning 106th St.
- Replace pavement from Cliff Rd. to 106th St.
- Construct NB auxiliary/truck lane between Cliff Rd. and 106th St.
- Construct Trail between Black Dog Rd. and Lyndale Ave.
- Improve signing, lighting and drainage