Lane and ramp closures
Information is subject to change due to weather and project readiness.
- Northbound I-35W between Washington Avenue and Hennepin Avenue will have periodic lane closures.
- The three lanes of northbound I-35W between University Ave Northeast and the Johnson Street exit will remain open for the majority of the project, but will shift toward the center median.
- The New Brighton Boulevard/Stinson Boulevard exit from northbound I-35W is closed. Motorists should use the Johnson Street exit. The New Brighton Boulevard/Stinson Boulevard exit will be closed permanently as crews reconfigure the Johnson Street ramp to serve Johnson Street, New Brighton Boulevard and Stinson Boulevard.
- The northbound ramp from University Avenue Southeast/4th Street Southeast to I-35W will be closed through midnight, Aug. 27.
Detour: Take northbound 10th Avenue, eastbound Hennepin Avenue, and northbound Stinson Boulevard to the northbound I-35W entrance ramp.
View detour map (PDF, 61 KB, 1 page)
- Southbound I-35W impacts will be limited to shoulder closures and nighttime lane closures.
- 4th Street South between the southbound I-35W/eastbound Hwy 55 entrance ramp and Washivington Avenue will be closed through late September.
Detour: Northbound Park Avenue, eastbound Washington and southbound Cedar Avenue.
View detour map (PDF, 71 KB, 1 page)
- 3rd Street South traffic will be shifted periodically.
Aug. 24, 8 p.m. through 5 a.m. Aug. 26
Northbound I-35W between Washington Avenue and Hennepin Avenue will have periodic lane closures.
Sept. 2 through Sept. 23
The 3rd Street flyover ramp from northbound I-35W will be closed.
Detour: Westbound Washington Avenue and southbound Chicago Avenue.
View detour map (PDF, 57 KB, 1 page)
September through November
Northbound I-35W traffic will shift to the newly constructed outside areas to maximize the available working area on the inside.