Lane and ramp closures
Information is subject to change due to weather and project readiness.
- The three lanes of northbound I-35W between University Ave Northeast and the Johnson Street exit will remain open for the majority of the project, but will shift toward the center median.
- The New Brighton Boulevard/Stinson Boulevard exit from northbound I-35W is closed. Motorists should use the Johnson Street exit. The New Brighton Boulevard/Stinson Boulevard exit will be closed permanently as crews reconfigure the Johnson Street ramp to serve Johnson Street, New Brighton Boulevard and Stinson Boulevard.
Early August through October
- Eastbound traffic on 4th Street South will be rerouted to 3rd Street South, resulting in head-to-head traffic.
- 3rd Street South traffic will be shifted periodically
- Southbound I-35W impacts will be limited to shoulder closures and nighttime lane closures.
Early August through November
- The northbound ramp from University Avenue Southeast/4th Street Southeast to I-35W will close for 21 days
- The 3rd Street flyover ramp from northbound I-35W will close for 21 days
- The northbound I-35W ramp to Hennepin Avenue East will close for fourteen days
Dates for all ramp closures will be posted when they are determined.
September through November
- Northbound I-35W traffic will shift to the newly constructed outside areas to maximize the available working area on the inside.