Lane and ramp closures
Information is subject to change due to weather and project readiness.
Saturday, Oct. 25
There will be a lane closure on northbound I-35W between 8th Street and Johnson Street beginning early morning through 2 p.m.
- There are lane closures on both directions of Hwy 55 between Franklin Avenue and I-94 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through Oct. 24.
- Northbound I-35W between Washington Avenue and Hennepin Avenue has periodic lane closures.
- The three lanes of northbound I-35W between University Ave Northeast and the Johnson Street exit remains open for the majority of the project, but traffic will shift.
- The New Brighton Boulevard/Stinson Boulevard exit from northbound I-35W is closed. Motorists should use the Johnson Street exit. The New Brighton Boulevard/Stinson Boulevard exit is closed permanently as crews reconfigure the Johnson Street ramp to serve Johnson Street, New Brighton Boulevard and Stinson Boulevard.
- Southbound I-35W impacts are limited to shoulder closures and nighttime lane closures.
- 4th Street South between the southbound I-35W/eastbound Hwy 55 entrance ramp and Washington Avenue is closed through early November.
Detour: Northbound Park Avenue, eastbound Washington and southbound Cedar Avenue.
View detour map (PDF, 71 KB, 1 page)
- 3rd Street South will be reduced to one lane through early November.
- Northbound I-35W traffic is shifted to the newly constructed outside areas to maximize the available working area on the inside.