Lane and ramp closures
Information is subject to change due to weather and project readiness.
Nov. 21, 6 p.m. through Nov. 22, 11:45 p.m.
- Northbound I-35W will have lane closures between the Third Street exit and the Johnson Street exit.
Nov. 23 – 26
- Nightly lane closures on northbound I-35W between the Hennepin Avenue exit and Johnson Street exit from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Northbound I-35W will remain open to three lanes between Fourth Street Southeast and the Hennepin Avenue exit.
- Northbound I-35W between Hennepin Avenue and the Johnson Street exit will be open to three lanes and the additional auxiliary lane by early December.
- Work will resume when temperatures are warmer to finish concrete paving and construction of the median barrier between Fourth Street Southeast and the Hennepin Avenue Exit.
- Northbound I-35W between Fourth Street Southeast and the Hennepin Avenue Exit will then open to its final traffic configuration of three through lanes and the new auxiliary lane.
Information is subject to change due to weather.
- The new Fourth Street ramp (PDF) will open Saturday, Nov. 22, by the end of the day.
- All traffic movements from Fourth Street South will open.