About this project
Replace existing pedestrian bridge that will be ADA-compliant.
Summary of work
- Remove existing pedestrian bridge
- Construct new bridge and add accessible approaches
- Improved aesthetics
Final traffic impacts will be posted once they are finalized.
- Local street closure for equipment/staging area at either end of bridge.
- 4th St. exit and entrance ramps to 4th St. will have periodic closures during the project
- Two weekend full closures of I-35W, including one for demolition of existing pedestrian bridge
- Weekday overnight full closure of I-35W for beam placement
- Lane closures on I-35W to construct new pier in median
- Temporary closure of the structure when approach ramps are constructed and connected
Concept design options
MnDOT is considering two different design options for the I-35W and 5th St. pedestrian and bike bridge. You are invited to provide your input on these designs. Contact us with your comments and questions.