Project largely complete
Although most project work is now completed on I-35E and Co Rd 96, including the opening of the MnPASS Lanes and Co Rd 96 bridge, some work remains.
Ramp and lane closures Feb. 22
Beginning at 9 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 22, both directions of Highway 96 between Centerville Road and White Bear Parkway will be reduced to a single lane.
The following ramps will reduced to one lane:
- Hwy 96 ramp to northbound I-35E
- Hwy 96 ramp to southbound I-35E
- Southbound I-35E ramp to Hwy 96
- Northbound I-35E ramp to Hwy 96
All lanes and ramps are expected to be open and be fully operational on that same day, Wednesday Feb. 22 by 4 p.m.
Crews will continue to work, away from traffic, on the noise walls and on the overhead MnPASS signs and toll readers.
Intermittent lane closures may be required on I-35E between Hwy 96 and Co Rd J through mid-December and again in Spring 2017.
About this project
Summary of work
- Resurfaced existing pavement and ramps
- Replaced I-35E bridges over Goose Lake Rd
- Redecked Hwy 96 bridge over I-35E
- Widened bridges for MnPASS bridges and roads
- Updated drainage and other infrastructure
- Repaired and replaced existing guardrail
- Constructed a pedestrian trail on Hwy 96 from Centerville Rd to White Bear Lake Pkwy
- Added MnPASS lane on southbound I-35E between Hwy 96 and Co Rd E
- Added MnPASS lane on northbound I-35E south of Co Rd E and north of Co Rd J