A significant portion of the work will affect traffic and is likely to result in congestion. Expect temporary lane closures and detours as work is completed within segments of roadway.
- May 3 –June 6
- Southbound I-35E closed between County Road 42 and the I-35/35W/35E split. Motorists are encouraged to follow the signed detour using westbound I-494 and southbound I-35W. These closures are necessary as crews replace the deck for the I-35E Bridge spanning I-35W.
- Intermittent temporary lane closures both directions of 35E between County Road 42 and Cliff Road as crews build crossovers.
Future traffic impacts
- Four-lane segments of road will be reduced to two lanes (one lane in each direction).
- All businesses and residences will remain accessible throughout the project.
- No two adjacent intersections will be closed simultaneously.