Thu, April 26 to early May; 9 a.m.-3 p.m. daily during weekdays
- Hwy 95 will have single lane traffic controlled by flaggers between Hwy 36 and Nelson St. in Stillwater. Expect minor delays.
- Hwy 95 will close for approximately three weeks in early May for drainage work near the Oasis Café south of downtown Stillwater. The highway will close from north of Hwy 36 to Nelson St.
- Downtown Stillwater from Hwy 36 Detour: North on Co. Rd. 15 (Manning Ave.), east on 75th St. (Co. Rd. 12). 75th St. becomes Myrtle Ave. as it nears downtown Stillwater.
- Hwy 95 north of Stillwater from Hwy 36 Detour: North on Co. Rd. 15 (Manning Ave.), east on Hwy 96 to Hwy 95 north of Stillwater.
- View the Detour Map (PDF)
Note: Access will be maintained at all times to the Oasis Café and St. Croix Boat and Packet from southbound Hwy 95. Hwy 95 just north of Hwy 36 will remain open to Sunnyside Marina ONLY
Upcoming work on related projects
St. Croix Crossing final work and mitigation
Although the Hwy 36 St. Croix river crossing opened to traffic on Wed, Aug. 2, 2017, additional work remains to complete the project.
- Final cleanup and landscaping
- Rehabilitation and conversion of the Stillwater Lift bridge to bicycle/pedestrian traffic and to serve boat traffic
- Completion of Upper Loop Trail Project:
- Construction of the Upper Loop Trail in Minnesota, including a parking lot
- Completion of Loop Trail, trailhead and parking lot in Wisconsin
- Visit the project website
Stillwater Lift Bridge Project
Aug. 2017 to June 2019
With the new St. Croix Crossing bridge opened to traffic, the historic Stillwater Lift Bridge conversion project has begun.
The bridge, spanning the St. Croix River, will be converted to a bicycle/pedestrian crossing and will also become part of a five-mile “loop trail” system connecting the new river bridge with the historic bridge. The Lift Bridge will continue to operate to allow boat navigation beneath.