A landscaping project is scheduled for Spring 2013 to improve aesthetics of the Hwy 8 corridor in Lindstrom. The corridor was reconstructed in Summer 2012.
Hwy 8 traffic is configured into its new "one-way pair" alignment with westbound traffic traveling on what was previously First Avenue.
Summary of work
- This project increased the current capacity of the highway and improved safety.
- Pedestrian facilities, including trails and sidewalks, were constructed on both sides of Hwy 8 between County Road 14 and Akerson Street.
- New traffic signals are in place at County Road 14 (Lincoln Road), County Road 20 (North Lakes Trail), County Road 25 (Olinda Trail) and at Akerson Street.
- A new bridge was built over a channel connecting North Lindstrom and South Lindstrom Lakes.
- Constructed frontage roads improve safety by removing direct driveway access to Hwy 8.
- $12 million
Public Affairs Metro District