Monday, April 21- duration of the project
- Louisiana Avenue will be one lane in each direction.
Hwy 7 traffic has switched over to the bypass and the Lake Street exit off of Hwy 7 is closed indefinitely.
Crews began driving piles into the roadway for support on Aug. 5. Additional daytime construction noise is expected.
About this project
Summary of work
- Convert the existing intersection into an interchange
- Construct a diamond interchange with a Hwy 7 bridge spanning Louisiana Avenue
- Add roundabouts on Louisiana Avenue at the Lake Street and Walker Street intersections
- Reconfigure West Lake Street and Walker Street
- Add pedestrian and bicycle upgrades
- June 2013-August 2013: Temporary bypass, temporary signal at Louisiana Ave.
- September 2013-May 2014: Highway 7, bridge, north ramps, east half of Louisiana Ave.
- June 2014: Southwest and southeast ramps, east half of Louisiana Ave. continues.
- July 2014-November 2014: West half of Louisiana Ave.
- $25.2 million (estimated)