- Hwy 7 traffic has switched over to the new Hwy 7 bridge.
- Motorists will not have access to or from Hwy 7 at Louisiana Avenue.
To go northbound on Louisiana Avenue from
Hwy 7, take northbound Texas Avenue to eastbound Minnetonka Avenue.
To go southbound on Louisiana Avenue from Hwy 7, take southbound Blake Road to eastbound Excelsior Avenue.
- Louisiana Avenue will be one lane in each direction through the duration of this project.
- The Lake Street exit off of Hwy 7 is closed indefinitely.
You may hear additional noise in the area while crews pile drive as part of the work on retaining walls.
About this project
Summary of work
- Convert the existing intersection into an interchange
- Construct a diamond interchange with a Hwy 7 bridge spanning Louisiana Avenue
- Add roundabouts on Louisiana Avenue at the Lake Street and Walker Street intersections
- Reconfigure West Lake Street and Walker Street
- Add pedestrian and bicycle upgrades
- June 2013-August 2013: Temporary bypass, temporary signal at Louisiana Avenue
- September 2013-May 2014: Highway 7, bridge, north ramps, east half of Louisiana Avenue
- June 2014: Southwest and southeast ramps, east half of Louisiana Avenue continues.
- July 2014-November 2014: West half of Louisiana Avenue
- $25.2 million (estimated)