- New HOv/HOT lane from 138th Street to near Diffley Road
- Contra Flow lane from Near Diffley Road to Old Shakopee Road using moveable barrier system
- Provides a transit advantage for express buses while preserving bus shoulders for station to station service.
- Relieves bottleneck north of 138th Street and at the river bridge without overloading the I-494 Interchange
- Increases capacity over the bridge-attracts trips away from regional system
- Utilizes existing infrastructure
- Improves travel time reliability
- Does not require full elimination of grass median
- Ongoing operations and maintenance costs.
- Requires concrete median barrier from 138th to near Diffley Road
- Limited snow storage