Dates are dependent on weather and project readiness.
There will be two additional overnight closures of I-494 at Hwy 77 in October, eastbound and westbound I-494 will close on separate nights. Closure dates will be posted as soon as they are determined.
Sept. 23 through Oct. 10
The 12th Avenue Bridge will be closed.
- Southbound 12th Avenue detour: Westbound 77th Street, southbound Portland Avenue and eastbound American Boulevard
- Northbound 12th Avenue detour: Westbound American Boulevard, northbound Portland Avenue and eastbound 77th Street
View detour map (PDF, 102 KB, 1 page)
- Hwy 77 traffic will periodically shift as crews work on each Hwy 77 bridge deck through early October.
- The northbound Hwy 77 ramps to and from I-494 are closed through mid-October. Detour signs will be posted.
- Eastbound I-494 to northbound Hwy 77 detour: Use northbound 34th Street and westbound I-494.
- Northbound Hwy 77 to westbound I-494 detour: Use the I-494/Hwy 5 west exit that is located one-half mile south of the I-494/Hwy 77 interchange