Hwy 65/Central Avenue between just north of Northeast 14th Avenue and just south of Northeast 18th Avenue is closed.
All local businesses and residences will remain accessible throughout the project.
Buses will be rerouted from Central Avenue to Broadway, Broadway to Fillmore, Fillmore to NE 18th Ave., NE 18th Avenue to Central Avenue then regular route from that point.
Currently through fall 2014
- Central Avenue between 18th and 14th Avenues is closed to through traffic. Access to businesses along Central Avenue will be maintained.
- Central Avenue beneath the BNSF Bridge is closed to through traffic and pedestrians.
- Northbound traffic: Broadway Avenue to Johnson Sreet to Lowry Avenue
- Southbound traffic: Lowry Avenue to University Avenue to Broadway Avenue
Crews demolished the BNSF Bridge over Central Avenue on Monday, Aug. 4.
- Detour: 14th Street, Van Buren, Monroe Avenue and 18th Ave (PDF, 79 KB, 1 page)