Hwy 65/Central Avenue between just north of Northeast 14th Avenue and just south of Northeast 18th Avenue is closed.
All local businesses and residences will remain accessible throughout the project.
Buses will be rerouted from Central Avenue to Broadway, Broadway to Fillmore, Fillmore to NE 18th Ave., NE 18th Avenue to Central Avenue then regular route from that point.
Currently through December 2014
- The railroad will install the train tracks onto the new bridge on Nov. 20 and 25.
- Crews will remove the shoofly on 15th Ave, temporarily repair the road and open Central Ave to two lanes in each direction by mid-December.
- Bus routes on Central Ave between 18th and 14th Aves will resume.
- Central Ave between 18th and 14th Aves is closed to through traffic. Access to businesses along Central Ave will be maintained.
- Central Ave beneath the BNSF Bridge is closed to through traffic and pedestrians.
- Northbound traffic: Broadway Avenue to Johnson Sreet to Lowry Avenue
- Southbound traffic: Lowry Avenue to University Avenue to Broadway Avenue
Spring and summer 2015
- Central Avenue between 18th and 14th Avenues will be reduced to a single lane in each direction as crews make permanent repairs to the road.
- Detour: 14th Street, Van Buren, Monroe Avenue and 18th Ave (PDF, 79 KB, 1 page)