When construction begins, Hwy 65/Central Avenue between just north of Northeast 14th Avenue and just south of Northeast 18th Avenue will be closed.
All local businesses and residences will remain accessible throughout the project.
Buses will be rerouted from Central Ave to Broadway, Broadway to Fillmore, Fillmore to NE 18th Ave., NE 18th Ave. to Central Ave. then regular route from that point.
Currently through fall 2014
- Central Avenue between 18th and 14th Avenues will be closed to through traffic. Access to businesses along Central Avenue will be maintained.
- Central Avenue beneath the BNSF Bridge will be closed to through traffic and pedestrians.
- Northbound traffic: Broadway Ave to Johnson St to Lowry Ave
- Southbound traffic: Lowry Ave to University Ave to Broadway Ave
- Detour: 14th Street, Van Buren, Monroe Avenue and 18th Ave (PDF, 79 KB, 1 page)