Northbound Hwy 61 between White Bear Avenue and just north of Hwy 96 will be reduced to one lane through mid-May.
During the evening rush hours (3 p.m. to 6 p.m.) the northbound lanes will reopen.
When work is complete on northbound Hwy 61 crews will move the lane closure to southound Hwy 61. The southbound lanes will reopen during the morning rush hours (6 a.m. to 9 a.m.).
About this project
This project will resurface a 1.9 mile segment of Hwy 61 in need of repair.
Summary of work
- Resurface existing pavement
- Install lighting at major intersections along the road
- Update pedestrian crossings to meet modern accessibility standards
- Construct a trail from Lake Avenue North to Veteran’s Park
- Widen center median to accommodate landscaping
- Replace storm drains and other infrastructure
- Upgrade traffic and railway signals