The majority of work affecting traffic is complete. You will continue to see lane closures outside of rush-hour through spring 2015 as crews finish minor work in the area.
Reduced lane width and alternating off-peak lane closures between Ramsey County Road 95 and Hwy 96 until January 17.
About this project
This project will resurface a 1.9 mile segment of Hwy 61 in need of repair.
Summary of work
- Resurface existing pavement
- Install lighting at major intersections along the road
- Update pedestrian crossings to meet modern accessibility standards
- Construct a trail from Lake Avenue North to Veteran’s Park
- Widen center median to accommodate landscaping
- Replace storm drains and other infrastructure
- Upgrade traffic and railway signals
- $5.3 million