The aesthetics of the Hwy 5 corridor were improved in spring 2014 with a landscaping project. The corridor, located between Chanhassen and Victoria, was resurfaced in summer 2012.
- Landscaping- $100,000
Summary of completed work
- Provided smoother ride by resurfacing four miles of heavily travelled roadway
- Extended road service life and reduced short-term maintenance costs
- Reconstructed the bridge over the recreational trail west of Rose Street
- Added capacity, efficiency and safety through turn lane improvements, signal modifications, access modifications and drainage improvements
- Improved pedestrian mobility and safety with a new pedestrian underpass east of Minnewashta Parkway near the Arboretum
- Installed center line rumble stripes on Hwy 5 between approximately Hwy 41 and Commercial Avenue.
- Improved overall drainage and replace aging pipes beneath the road
Cost of completed work
- Completed resurfacing project- $10 million