This project has been delayed and will no longer begin in late spring 2013.
- Short term full road closures during non- peak hours to allow for the delivery of construction material
- Head-to-head traffic on the south side of the bridge summer 2015 - fall 2015
- Head-to-head traffic on the north side of the bridge summer 2016 - fall 2016
- The bridge will reopen to two lanes of traffic on each side of the bridge during winter 2014/2015
- Sidewalk on the south side of the bridge will close summer 2016-fall 2016
- Periodic short term closures of the pedestrian/bicycle/vehicle path beneath Highway 5 will be closed during bridge construction
- When westbound Highway 5 Bridge is closed, cyclists and pedestrians will be detoured to the Ford Parkway Bridge or to the I-35E Bridge. The pedestrian/bicycle roadway will re-open after construction.