Specific closure dates will be posted when they are finalized.
April 13 through late September 2015
- Edgcumbe Road bridge spanning Hwy 5/West 7th Street will be closed for 60 days.
Detour: northbound Davern Street and westbound St. Paul Avenue. View detour (PDF, 1 page, 275 KB)
The bridge will reopen from Gannon Road after the repair work is complete.
- Ramp from westbound Hwy 55 to eastbound Hwy 5 will be closed.
Detour: ramp to westbound Hwy 5, ramp to eastbound Hwy 55, ramp to eastbound Hwy 5. View detour (PDF, 1 page, 217 KB)
- Ramp from eastbound Hwy 5 to Edgcumbe Road, Shepard Road and Mississippi River Boulevard will be closed.
Detour: Davern Street.
- Ramp from eastbound Hwy 5 to Norfolk Avenue will be closed.
Detour: southbound Davern Street.
- Two weekend closures of Hwy 5 between Hwy 55 and Davern Street.
Detour for eastbound Hwy 5 traffic: eastbound Hwy 55, eastbound Hwy 110, and northbound I-35E.
Detour for westbound Hwy 5 traffic: southbound I-35E, westbound Hwy 110, and westbound Hwy 55.
- Hwy 5 will be closed short-term during off-peak hours to allow for the delivery of construction material.
- Eastbound lanes of the Hwy 5 bridge will be closed. Both directions of Hwy 5 will be single lane with traffic traveling on the westbound lanes of the Hwy 5 bridge.
- Eastbound lanes of the Mississippi River Boulevard/Shepard Road bridge will be closed for 60 days.
- Eastbound traffic on Mississippi River Boulevard and westbound traffic on Shepard Road will be single lane with traffic traveling on the westbound lanes of the bridge.
Trail, sidewalk closures
- All trails and sidewalks on or below the Hwy 5 bridge will remain open, though there may be short-term closures.
- Eastbound Mississippi River Boulevard/Shepard Road bridge trail/sidewalk will remain open.
- All lanes, ramps and bridges associated with the Hwy 5 bridge project will be open to traffic.