Specific closure dates will be posted when they are finalized.
- Westbound Hwy 55 ramp to eastbound Hwy 5 is closed through late September.
Detour: ramp to westbound Hwy 5, ramp to eastbound Hwy 55, ramp to eastbound Hwy 5. View detour (PDF, 1 page, 217 KB)
- Eastbound Hwy 5 ramp to Edgcumbe Road, Shepard Road and Mississippi River Boulevard is closed through late September.
Detour: Davern Street.
- Eastbound Hwy 5 ramp to Norfolk Avenue is closed through late September.
Detour: southbound Davern Street.
- Both directions of the Hwy 5 bridge are single lane with traffic traveling on the westbound lanes of the bridge through late September.
- Eastbound traffic on Mississippi River Boulevard and westbound traffic will be single lane with traffic traveling on the westbound lanes of the bridge through late July.
- Edgcumbe Road bridge spanning Hwy 5/West 7th Street is closed through late July.
Detour: northbound Davern Street and westbound St. Paul Avenue. View detour (PDF, 1 page, 275 KB)
The bridge will reopen from Gannon Road after the repair work is complete.
Trail, sidewalk closures
- All trails and sidewalks on or below the Hwy 5 bridge remain open, though there may be short-term closures.
- Eastbound Mississippi River Boulevard/Shepard Road bridge trail/sidewalk remains open.
Specific closure dates during the first year of construction will be posted when they are finalized.
- Two weekend closures of Hwy 5 between Hwy 55 and Davern Street.
Detour for eastbound Hwy 5 traffic: eastbound Hwy 55, eastbound Hwy 110, and northbound I-35E.
Detour for westbound Hwy 5 traffic: southbound I-35E, westbound Hwy 110, and westbound Hwy 55.
- Hwy 5 will be closed short-term during off-peak hours to allow for the delivery of construction material.
- All lanes, ramps and bridges associated with the Hwy 5 bridge project will be open to traffic.