About this project
We’re working to improve the Hwy 47 (Ferry St.) at BNSF crossing in Anoka. In 2016, MnDOT completed a study of safety issues at this crossing. The study recommended separating the highway and railroad crossing by constructing a bridge over the train tracks. In 2020 the State Legislature awarded bonding funds to make safety improvements. Our goal is to identify a safer crossing of Hwy 47 and BNSF Railroad crossing; the entire area from Pleasant St. to Garfield St. W will be part of the study area as we:
- Redesign the crossing by constructing a bridge either over or under the train tracks.
- Explore some of the surrounding intersections and conditions that need improvements.
There are three parts to this project:
- Evaluate the BNSF railroad crossing
- Evaluate Martin St. and Pleasant St. intersections
- Evaluate Hwy 47 alignment
Summary of work
In 2020, the State Legislature awarded bonding funds to make safety improvements at priority railway crossings, including this one.
- Project work is being determined
The public will have several opportunities to provide input, review alternatives, and stay informed throughout the project. Sign up for project email updates to receive information.