April 18, 2016 at 9 a.m.
- The ramps between eastbound Hwy 36 and Lexington Ave. will close. Traffic will follow a signed detour.
- Eastbound Hwy 36: Exit at Dale Street and use County Road B or County Road C to reach Lexington Ave.
- Lexington Ave.: Use County Road B or County Road C to Dale Street to reach eastbound Hwy 36
- Lexington Ave. will be closed and detoured for a portion of the project (4 months)
- Hwy 36 traffic will be maintained two lanes in each direction and shifted onto a temporary bypass
- Lexington Ave. ramps will close (westbound for 3 to 4 months, eastbound for 6 months)
- Westbound ramps at Hamline Ave. will close (4 to 6 weeks)
- Westbound ramp from Dale St. to Hwy 36 will close (3 to 4 months)
More detailed schedule of project staging
About this project
Summary of work
- Replace the current structurally deficient Hwy 36 bridge with two new bridges to carry eastbound and westbound Hwy 36 traffic
- Reconstruct and resurface the ramps at Lexington Ave. and the westbound ramps at Hamline Ave.
- Reconstruct and resurface Hwy 36 between Hamline Ave. and Victoria St.
- Replace the two signal systems at the Lexington Ave. ramps