Upcoming Open House
An Open House will be held on Tue, Aug. 21 from 5-7 p.m. in Hastings. For more details visit the Hwy 316 Project Meetings Page.
About the evaluation area
The pavement on Hwy 316 from the junction at US 61 to just south of Tuttle Dr. has outlived its useful life and is anticipated to be replaced in 2021.
MnDOT is studying other corridor improvements that could be made at the same time to help with safety and traffic flow for drivers, pedestrians, and bicyclists.
Provide your input for this project.
- Improved access to local businesses and residential neighborhoods
- Improved safety for all users
- Traffic management
- Street crossings
- Pedestrian and bicycle facilities and connections
Summary of work
- Evaluate existing safety and capacity conditions and determine local access needs
- Evaluate pedestrian and bicycle facility options
- Assess and prioritize corridor needs and potential improvements
- Produce a recommended alternative
Thank you for your input!
The Hwy 316 Project interactive map is now closed, thank you for your input.
- A significant portion of the work will affect traffic and is likely to result in congestion
- Expect lane and road closures with detours as work is completed
- All businesses and residences will remain accessible throughout the project