All traffic impacts are tentative and weather dependent.
May through July
- Crews are completing the following tasks on the High Bridge ornamental railing system:
- Testing of the railing coating system
- Touchup spot painting of railing
- Proactive replacement of the railing anchoring hardware
- Replacement of defective lighting globes
- There will be periodic sidewalk closures on the bridge while ornamental railing work is occurring.
July 1 through late-July
- The area of the High Bridge Dog Park that has been closed will continue to be cleaned up over the next few weeks. Crews will be reinstalling the park’s fencing once cleanup is complete. The dog park will be fully reopened in late-July 2019.
- Vehicle access to the dog park via Randolph Ave. is closed. Users should access the dog park via Washington St. and may park on Spring St.
- Pedestrian and bicycle access to the park is available via the Samuel Morgan Trail. There may be periodic trail closures during the construction site cleanup process.
Information about upcoming traffic impacts will be posted as details become available.
Late-August through early November
- Replacing all boulevard trees that were removed during the Hwy 149 construction project
- Landscape material includes trees, shrubs, vines and perennial grasses and flowers
- Tree locations have been finalized and marked with a white “T” on the curb in St. Paul and with wooden stakes in Mendota Heights
- Trees will be a mix of deciduous and ornamental species
- The newly planted trees and shrubs will receive regular maintenance (watering, weeding and pruning) for two years after they’ve been planted to promote their long-term health and survivability